The following courses are 100% on-line and do not require a book to buy. You will be alerted of a missed answer and allowed to correct your answer. You must have acrobat reader to view your certificate.
This workshop assumes all helping professionals experience episodic functional impairments that impact job performance, whether that be due to physical health or medication issues; losses, bereavement, addictive behaviors or diagnosable mental disorders.
As professionals, we must be cognizant enough to recognize and self-monitor developing impairments so these remain manageable in the workplace.
This workshop explores where the ethical line of “too impaired to practice” needs to be, reviewing related legal mandates and professional ethical standards.
Participants will be introduced to a functional self-assessment tool and coached in how to create and use a “peer monitoring system.” David will also discuss how agencies can strengthen work policies to create positive work environments that provide maximum support to struggling employees.
A therapists or human service worker can explore life from the Christian perspective and have a better understanding when serving clients with the Christian faith. The handout is based on "The Purpose Driven Life" by Dr. Rick Warren.
- Learn Christian views on God
- Learn Christian views on becoming Christ-like
- Learn the Christian perspective of "being made for a purpose"
Identify biological, environmental, and psycho- social behavioral elements that increase risk.
- Identify key assessment factors that determine level of risk— low, moderate or high.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of secondary trauma and compassion fatigue.
- Identify effective methods to diagnose and treat suicidal individuals.
Written by: David Jensen, PHD, LSCSW, LCMFT
This is a great course for professionals seeking CEU's in the area of infectious disease. It informs professionals and parents of the basic purpose and possible side effects of each vaccine.
- Know the benefits and risks of vaccines
- Learn the types of vaccines
- Learn the steps to take when a child is vaccinated
- Learn the commonly used vaccines and their purpose