Considerations in the treatment of post-deployment stress effects.
- Learn effective treatment responses
- Learn how the body responds to threat
- Understand the military culture
- Learn appropriate treatment considerations and deliveries
- Learn to use assessment instruments including suicide risk
- Learn ideas for re-balancing and self care
By the end of this module, learners should be:
- Familiar with literature relating alcohol issues to race, ethnicity, and culture;
- Knowledgeable about diverse patterns of alcohol use among individuals from various racial, ethnic, and cultural groups-differences between and among groups;
- Knowledgeable about the effects of alcohol on different groups and the factors associated with alcohol use among members of various groups;
- Prepared to provide effective alcohol intervention and prevention services by exploring strategies appropriate for use with members of varied racial, ethnic, and cultural groups.
A therapists or human service worker can explore life from the Christian perspective and have a better understanding when serving clients with the Christian faith. The handout is based on "The Purpose Driven Life" by Dr. Rick Warren.
- Learn Christian views on God
- Learn Christian views on becoming Christ-like
- Learn the Christian perspective of "being made for a purpose"